a private boating club
Spokane Outboard Club was formed in 1954 with 38 charter members, and incorporated in 1954. In 1967, by mandate of the membership, the name was changed to Spokane Yacht Club. In 1961 Spokane Yacht Club (SYC) purchased 7 acres of land with 450 feet of beach on the Spokane River in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. A short time after purchase an extensive property development program began. Most members donated many hours to build a road, launch ramp, docks, restrooms, clubhouse, electric service, water and many more improvements have continued through the years. The property Chairman, with the help of a committee, requires the assistance of all members for annual upkeep and major projects. SYC owns and operates the property for the enjoyment of members and guests.
The Spokane Yacht Club is a private club, membership is gained by being sponsored by a current member. Access to the club is limited to members and invited guests.
The Spokane Yacht Club is open to reciprocal yacht clubs, for more information, please contact our Property Chairman, John McLean
Spokane Yacht Club